Yellow Pages Association Promotes Eco-Friendly Image
Along with its members – which include paper manufacturers, printers and publishers – YPA is encouraging consumers to recycle outdated phone books, which the association says are used to produce insulation, ceiling tiles, paper towels, grocery bags, pet bedding and cereal boxes.
“The Yellow Pages industry takes environmental issues very seriously, and our paper manufacturers, printers and publishers collaborate to develop recyclable advertising products,” said Neg Norton, president of YPA.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland