Barneys Sells Green For The Holidays
Barneys New York, the high-end retailer, is pushing a “green” holiday this year, according to Good Experience. Slogans being used include “Have a Green Holiday,” “Join the green revolution, we have!” and “Give good green.”
The company is selling organic cotton T-shirts, scarves handknit from “free range alpaca yarn,” and various jewelry that promise “a portion of the proceeds” for deserving nonprofits.
Barneys’ copy reads: “Gorgeous green gifts, fabulously fair-trade fashion, sensationally sustainable swag, orgasmic organic denim and cashmere, environmentally conscious tchotchkes of all descriptions + philanthropic gestures to warm the cockles of your heart.”
The companies catalog “uses “soybean-based inks” and “30% post-consumer waste material”; on the other hand, it arrived unsolicited, which means many of these catalogs, green as they are, will go straight to the landfill, unread,” Good Experience writes.
The company is selling green-themed gift cards too.
There hasn’t been any news on Barneys banning plastic bags, but the retailer is selling the $1,065 Goyard St. Louis Shopper Tote, a “100% recyclable” canvas bag “made from natural materials.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland