Discovery, Pratt, Albanese Among Sustainable Design Winners
Global Green USA has announced the winners of its Designing a Sustainable and Secure World Awards.
Albanese Organization won the Green Building Design Award. The Albanese Organization built America’s first environmentally advanced residential tower, the Solaire, and are currently building one of the greenest residential high rises in the world, the Visionaire, in Battery Park City, New York. (See more on Battery Park’s sustainable design here.)
Discovery Communications won the Media and Entertainment Design Award. Coming in 2008, Discovery will launch Planet Green, a global, cross-company initiative which includes delivering the first-ever 24-hour eco-lifestyle television network to more than 50 million homes.
Pratt Industries won the Industrial Design Award. Pratt’s 100% recycled paper mills in New York and Georgia use no toxic chemicals and keep 700,000 tons of waste paper from landfills.
Shaklee Corporation won the Organizational Design Award. In 2000, Shaklee became the first company in the world to be Climate Neutral certified, resulting in a net zero impact on the environment.
Scott Seydel, chairman of the board for Global Green USA and president, EvCo, won The Founders Award. EvCo Research,has contributed to the recycled food packaging product industry in more than three dozen countries. Seydel has also founded the Manhattan Prospect, a venture which will be announced at the awards.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners