Discovery, Pratt, Albanese Among Sustainable Design Winners
Global Green USA has announced the winners of its Designing a Sustainable and Secure World Awards.
Albanese Organization won the Green Building Design Award. The Albanese Organization built America’s first environmentally advanced residential tower, the Solaire, and are currently building one of the greenest residential high rises in the world, the Visionaire, in Battery Park City, New York. (See more on Battery Park’s sustainable design here.)
Discovery Communications won the Media and Entertainment Design Award. Coming in 2008, Discovery will launch Planet Green, a global, cross-company initiative which includes delivering the first-ever 24-hour eco-lifestyle television network to more than 50 million homes.
Pratt Industries won the Industrial Design Award. Pratt’s 100% recycled paper mills in New York and Georgia use no toxic chemicals and keep 700,000 tons of waste paper from landfills.
Shaklee Corporation won the Organizational Design Award. In 2000, Shaklee became the first company in the world to be Climate Neutral certified, resulting in a net zero impact on the environment.
Scott Seydel, chairman of the board for Global Green USA and president, EvCo, won The Founders Award. EvCo Research,has contributed to the recycled food packaging product industry in more than three dozen countries. Seydel has also founded the Manhattan Prospect, a venture which will be announced at the awards.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation