Allstate Buys RECs
Allstate is purchasing 24.5 million kilowatts of renewable energy credits through Carbonfund.org. The credits are being used to “fund wind energy for Texans and reforestation projects in Kansas and Louisiana,” according to Allstate. The wind energy credits are being purchased from the Horse Hollow II wind energy farm in West Texas.
Earlier this month, the company launched “Allstate Green,” which the company bills as an “eco-friendly insurance option” that lets customers offset auto emissions.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency