Allstate Buys RECs
Allstate is purchasing 24.5 million kilowatts of renewable energy credits through Carbonfund.org. The credits are being used to “fund wind energy for Texans and reforestation projects in Kansas and Louisiana,” according to Allstate. The wind energy credits are being purchased from the Horse Hollow II wind energy farm in West Texas.
Earlier this month, the company launched “Allstate Green,” which the company bills as an “eco-friendly insurance option” that lets customers offset auto emissions.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report