Allstate Buys RECs
Allstate is purchasing 24.5 million kilowatts of renewable energy credits through Carbonfund.org. The credits are being used to “fund wind energy for Texans and reforestation projects in Kansas and Louisiana,” according to Allstate. The wind energy credits are being purchased from the Horse Hollow II wind energy farm in West Texas.
Earlier this month, the company launched “Allstate Green,” which the company bills as an “eco-friendly insurance option” that lets customers offset auto emissions.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds
- CMU Energy Efficiency Efforts Save $10M in 7 Years
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20