Allstate Buys RECs
Allstate is purchasing 24.5 million kilowatts of renewable energy credits through Carbonfund.org. The credits are being used to “fund wind energy for Texans and reforestation projects in Kansas and Louisiana,” according to Allstate. The wind energy credits are being purchased from the Horse Hollow II wind energy farm in West Texas.
Earlier this month, the company launched “Allstate Green,” which the company bills as an “eco-friendly insurance option” that lets customers offset auto emissions.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform