Allstate Buys RECs
Allstate is purchasing 24.5 million kilowatts of renewable energy credits through Carbonfund.org. The credits are being used to “fund wind energy for Texans and reforestation projects in Kansas and Louisiana,” according to Allstate. The wind energy credits are being purchased from the Horse Hollow II wind energy farm in West Texas.
Earlier this month, the company launched “Allstate Green,” which the company bills as an “eco-friendly insurance option” that lets customers offset auto emissions.
Energy Manager News
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals
- Mercy Housing, Promise Energy Teaming Up
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016