Whole Foods, Food Lion Among EPA’s GreenChill Participants
EPA and the supermarket, refrigeration equipment and chemical refrigerant industries have joined the GreenChill Advanced Refrigeration Partnership â€“ a program to promote green technologies, strategies, and practices. The program was launched earlier this year.
Whole Foods Market, Food Lion, LLC, Giant Eagle Inc., Hannaford Bros. Co.,Harris Teeter, Hill PHOENIX, Honeywell International, Kysor//Warren, Publix Super Markets Inc., and DuPont are founding partners.
EPA believes that advanced refrigeration technologies will lead to increased energy efficiency and reduce operating expenses to the industry by over $12 million annually.
Partners are pledging to establish an inventory of current refrigerant emissions andÂ setting reduction targets for these emissions.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: Itâ€™s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M â€˜Switching Feeâ€™ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform