Whole Foods, Food Lion Among EPA’s GreenChill Participants
EPA and the supermarket, refrigeration equipment and chemical refrigerant industries have joined the GreenChill Advanced Refrigeration Partnership â€“ a program to promote green technologies, strategies, and practices. The program was launched earlier this year.
Whole Foods Market, Food Lion, LLC, Giant Eagle Inc., Hannaford Bros. Co.,Harris Teeter, Hill PHOENIX, Honeywell International, Kysor//Warren, Publix Super Markets Inc., and DuPont are founding partners.
EPA believes that advanced refrigeration technologies will lead to increased energy efficiency and reduce operating expenses to the industry by over $12 million annually.
Partners are pledging to establish an inventory of current refrigerant emissions andÂ setting reduction targets for these emissions.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market
- UCLA Creates The L.A. Energy Atlas
- Santa Cruz Saves with Six Battery Tower
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency