Whole Foods, Food Lion Among EPA’s GreenChill Participants
EPA and the supermarket, refrigeration equipment and chemical refrigerant industries have joined the GreenChill Advanced Refrigeration Partnership â€“ a program to promote green technologies, strategies, and practices. The program was launched earlier this year.
Whole Foods Market, Food Lion, LLC, Giant Eagle Inc., Hannaford Bros. Co.,Harris Teeter, Hill PHOENIX, Honeywell International, Kysor//Warren, Publix Super Markets Inc., and DuPont are founding partners.
EPA believes that advanced refrigeration technologies will lead to increased energy efficiency and reduce operating expenses to the industry by over $12 million annually.
Partners are pledging to establish an inventory of current refrigerant emissions andÂ setting reduction targets for these emissions.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls