Whole Foods, Food Lion Among EPA’s GreenChill Participants
EPA and the supermarket, refrigeration equipment and chemical refrigerant industries have joined the GreenChill Advanced Refrigeration Partnership â€“ a program to promote green technologies, strategies, and practices. The program was launched earlier this year.
Whole Foods Market, Food Lion, LLC, Giant Eagle Inc., Hannaford Bros. Co.,Harris Teeter, Hill PHOENIX, Honeywell International, Kysor//Warren, Publix Super Markets Inc., and DuPont are founding partners.
EPA believes that advanced refrigeration technologies will lead to increased energy efficiency and reduce operating expenses to the industry by over $12 million annually.
Partners are pledging to establish an inventory of current refrigerant emissions andÂ setting reduction targets for these emissions.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- OATI Taps EnSync for Planned Microgrid
- Lime Energy to Provide Clean Energy Tech to 1,000 Small Businesses
- Celtic Bank Backs Solar to the Tune of $43 Million
- GE, Coachella Energy Building a Big Lithium-Ion Battery
- The Importance of Energy Storage System Software
- Duke Increasines Chiller Efficiency
- Pepco-Exelon Merger Rejected
- Energy Savings a Key to Calgary Building Redevelopment