Whole Foods, Food Lion Among EPA’s GreenChill Participants
EPA and the supermarket, refrigeration equipment and chemical refrigerant industries have joined the GreenChill Advanced Refrigeration Partnership â€“ a program to promote green technologies, strategies, and practices. The program was launched earlier this year.
Whole Foods Market, Food Lion, LLC, Giant Eagle Inc., Hannaford Bros. Co.,Harris Teeter, Hill PHOENIX, Honeywell International, Kysor//Warren, Publix Super Markets Inc., and DuPont are founding partners.
EPA believes that advanced refrigeration technologies will lead to increased energy efficiency and reduce operating expenses to the industry by over $12 million annually.
Partners are pledging to establish an inventory of current refrigerant emissions andÂ setting reduction targets for these emissions.
Energy Manager News
- Arbyâ€™s Reports on Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Navigant: Smart Meter Sector Has â€śPlateauedâ€ť
- Nuclear Giant Exelon Wants to Invest in Wind Energy in Ohio
- Poll: 75% of Large U.S. Corporations Say They Will Buy Renewables Within 18 Months
- Duke Energy Progress Customers to See Fuel Cost-Recovery Savings
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED