Dell Suppliers To Follow Emissions Reporting Standard
Dell has joined the Carbon Disclosure Projectâ€™s Supply Chain Leadership Collaboration, which gives Dell suppliers a standard on reporting emissions. Dell will work with its suppliers on reporting data relevant to Dellâ€™s business and CDP will provide guidance on reporting requirements.The companyâ€™s corporate climate strategy accounts for the emissions impact of supplier operations and customer product use. This move should make that easier. Dell began requiring suppliers to report emissions earlier this year.
The SCLC was created to engage member companiesâ€™ supply chains to report carbon footprints and climate change-relevant information, such as greenhouse gas emissions data, emissions reduction targets and climate-change strategy.
Dell recently announced it would go carbon neutral by 2008.
Energy Manager News
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales