Dell Suppliers To Follow Emissions Reporting Standard
Dell has joined the Carbon Disclosure Projectâ€™s Supply Chain Leadership Collaboration, which gives Dell suppliers a standard on reporting emissions. Dell will work with its suppliers on reporting data relevant to Dellâ€™s business and CDP will provide guidance on reporting requirements.The companyâ€™s corporate climate strategy accounts for the emissions impact of supplier operations and customer product use. This move should make that easier. Dell began requiring suppliers to report emissions earlier this year.
The SCLC was created to engage member companiesâ€™ supply chains to report carbon footprints and climate change-relevant information, such as greenhouse gas emissions data, emissions reduction targets and climate-change strategy.
Dell recently announced it would go carbon neutral by 2008.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Royalpark Homes to Install Solar PV + Energy Storage System
- Wabasha-Kellogg School to Invest $4M in HVAC Upgrade
- Will Boulder County Expand Net-Zero Building Requirements?
- Energy Storage Prospects Bright in Virginia, Ontario
- Sustenir to Use Illumitex LEDs in Singapore Vertical Farming
- Las Vegas Casinos Bet on Competitive Power Vendors
- Biomass: A New Plant and A Possible Conversion
- Researchers Seek to Reduce Energy Use by Motors