Dell Suppliers To Follow Emissions Reporting Standard
Dell has joined the Carbon Disclosure Projectâ€™s Supply Chain Leadership Collaboration, which gives Dell suppliers a standard on reporting emissions. Dell will work with its suppliers on reporting data relevant to Dellâ€™s business and CDP will provide guidance on reporting requirements.The companyâ€™s corporate climate strategy accounts for the emissions impact of supplier operations and customer product use. This move should make that easier. Dell began requiring suppliers to report emissions earlier this year.
The SCLC was created to engage member companiesâ€™ supply chains to report carbon footprints and climate change-relevant information, such as greenhouse gas emissions data, emissions reduction targets and climate-change strategy.
Dell recently announced it would go carbon neutral by 2008.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Monthâ€™s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project