Dell Suppliers To Follow Emissions Reporting Standard
Dell has joined the Carbon Disclosure Projectâ€™s Supply Chain Leadership Collaboration, which gives Dell suppliers a standard on reporting emissions. Dell will work with its suppliers on reporting data relevant to Dellâ€™s business and CDP will provide guidance on reporting requirements.The companyâ€™s corporate climate strategy accounts for the emissions impact of supplier operations and customer product use. This move should make that easier. Dell began requiring suppliers to report emissions earlier this year.
The SCLC was created to engage member companiesâ€™ supply chains to report carbon footprints and climate change-relevant information, such as greenhouse gas emissions data, emissions reduction targets and climate-change strategy.
Dell recently announced it would go carbon neutral by 2008.
Energy Manager News
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs
- GMâ€™s Renewable Efforts Build from the Ground Up
- Fairbanks Completes 4 Building Project in MA