Dell Suppliers To Follow Emissions Reporting Standard
Dell has joined the Carbon Disclosure Projectâ€™s Supply Chain Leadership Collaboration, which gives Dell suppliers a standard on reporting emissions. Dell will work with its suppliers on reporting data relevant to Dellâ€™s business and CDP will provide guidance on reporting requirements.The companyâ€™s corporate climate strategy accounts for the emissions impact of supplier operations and customer product use. This move should make that easier. Dell began requiring suppliers to report emissions earlier this year.
The SCLC was created to engage member companiesâ€™ supply chains to report carbon footprints and climate change-relevant information, such as greenhouse gas emissions data, emissions reduction targets and climate-change strategy.
Dell recently announced it would go carbon neutral by 2008.
Energy Manager News
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency
- Flint Water Crisis Uncovers Ignoble Decisions and Neglect of Existing Enviro Regs
- Trimble Acquires Sefaira
- Truman (MO) State: â€śWeâ€™ll Save $1 Million Annually on Energy Upgradeâ€ť
- PJM Tool Demos How Price Fluctuations, Weather Impact Customer Bills
- Study: State RPS Policies Have Yielded Sizable Consumer Savings
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break