PG&E’s Green Campaign Gets Solar-Powered Billboard
Pacific Gas and Electric Company will unveil the nation‚Äôs first solar-powered billboard, The San Francisco Sentinel reports.
The billboard has 20 solar modules that are interconnected to the grid. Because it creates more energy than is needed to light the billboard at night, it will deliver up to 3.4 kilowatts of solar energy to PG&E customers.
The billboard is part of the utility‚Äôs new green advertising campaign, titled ‚ÄúWe Can Do This.‚ÄĚ Canada and South Africa are the only countries worldwide to use solar technology in this way, according to the article.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B