PG&E’s Green Campaign Gets Solar-Powered Billboard
Pacific Gas and Electric Company will unveil the nationâ€™s first solar-powered billboard, The San Francisco Sentinel reports.
The billboard has 20 solar modules that are interconnected to the grid. Because it creates more energy than is needed to light the billboard at night, it will deliver up to 3.4 kilowatts of solar energy to PG&E customers.
The billboard is part of the utilityâ€™s new green advertising campaign, titled â€śWe Can Do This.â€ť Canada and South Africa are the only countries worldwide to use solar technology in this way, according to the article.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management