PG&E’s Green Campaign Gets Solar-Powered Billboard
Pacific Gas and Electric Company will unveil the nation‚Äôs first solar-powered billboard, The San Francisco Sentinel reports.
The billboard has 20 solar modules that are interconnected to the grid. Because it creates more energy than is needed to light the billboard at night, it will deliver up to 3.4 kilowatts of solar energy to PG&E customers.
The billboard is part of the utility‚Äôs new green advertising campaign, titled ‚ÄúWe Can Do This.‚ÄĚ Canada and South Africa are the only countries worldwide to use solar technology in this way, according to the article.
Energy Manager News
- Under Hawaiian Electric‚Äôs New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‚ÄėOuts‚Äô Misleading Strategy Behind Florida‚Äôs Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida