PG&E’s Green Campaign Gets Solar-Powered Billboard
Pacific Gas and Electric Company will unveil the nationâ€™s first solar-powered billboard, The San Francisco Sentinel reports.
The billboard has 20 solar modules that are interconnected to the grid. Because it creates more energy than is needed to light the billboard at night, it will deliver up to 3.4 kilowatts of solar energy to PG&E customers.
The billboard is part of the utilityâ€™s new green advertising campaign, titled â€śWe Can Do This.â€ť Canada and South Africa are the only countries worldwide to use solar technology in this way, according to the article.
Energy Manager News
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals
- Mercy Housing, Promise Energy Teaming Up
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York Stateâ€™s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016