PG&E’s Green Campaign Gets Solar-Powered Billboard
Pacific Gas and Electric Company will unveil the nationâs first solar-powered billboard, The San Francisco Sentinel reports.
The billboard has 20 solar modules that are interconnected to the grid. Because it creates more energy than is needed to light the billboard at night, it will deliver up to 3.4 kilowatts of solar energy to PG&E customers.
The billboard is part of the utilityâs new green advertising campaign, titled âWe Can Do This.â Canada and South Africa are the only countries worldwide to use solar technology in this way, according to the article.
Energy Manager News
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Feb. 5
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Courtâs Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate