Abbott Pledges To Reduce GHG Emissions
Abbott has pledged to reduce its total U.S. greenhouse gas emissions by two percent on an absolute basis from 2006 to 2011.
“Reducing our greenhouse gas emissions demonstrates our corporate-wide commitment to improving the environment and increasing the efficiency of our operations,” said Michael Warmuth, vice president, Global Engineering Services.
Earlier this year, Abbott committed to making its fleet carbon neutral by offering hybrid cars and other greener vehicles, and committing to purchase carbon credits to offset remaining vehicle emissions.
The company released its 2006 CSR report in May.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation