Abbott Pledges To Reduce GHG Emissions
Abbott has pledged to reduce its total U.S. greenhouse gas emissions by two percent on an absolute basis from 2006 to 2011.
“Reducing our greenhouse gas emissions demonstrates our corporate-wide commitment to improving the environment and increasing the efficiency of our operations,” said Michael Warmuth, vice president, Global Engineering Services.
Earlier this year, Abbott committed to making its fleet carbon neutral by offering hybrid cars and other greener vehicles, and committing to purchase carbon credits to offset remaining vehicle emissions.
The company released its 2006 CSR report in May.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend