Abbott Pledges To Reduce GHG Emissions
Abbott has pledged to reduce its total U.S. greenhouse gas emissions by two percent on an absolute basis from 2006 to 2011.
“Reducing our greenhouse gas emissions demonstrates our corporate-wide commitment to improving the environment and increasing the efficiency of our operations,” said Michael Warmuth, vice president, Global Engineering Services.
Earlier this year, Abbott committed to making its fleet carbon neutral by offering hybrid cars and other greener vehicles, and committing to purchase carbon credits to offset remaining vehicle emissions.
The company released its 2006 CSR report in May.
Energy Manager News
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark