Abbott Pledges To Reduce GHG Emissions
Abbott has pledged to reduce its total U.S. greenhouse gas emissions by two percent on an absolute basis from 2006 to 2011.
“Reducing our greenhouse gas emissions demonstrates our corporate-wide commitment to improving the environment and increasing the efficiency of our operations,” said Michael Warmuth, vice president, Global Engineering Services.
Earlier this year, Abbott committed to making its fleet carbon neutral by offering hybrid cars and other greener vehicles, and committing to purchase carbon credits to offset remaining vehicle emissions.
The company released its 2006 CSR report in May.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE