Abbott Pledges To Reduce GHG Emissions
Abbott has pledged to reduce its total U.S. greenhouse gas emissions by two percent on an absolute basis from 2006 to 2011.
“Reducing our greenhouse gas emissions demonstrates our corporate-wide commitment to improving the environment and increasing the efficiency of our operations,” said Michael Warmuth, vice president, Global Engineering Services.
Earlier this year, Abbott committed to making its fleet carbon neutral by offering hybrid cars and other greener vehicles, and committing to purchase carbon credits to offset remaining vehicle emissions.
The company released its 2006 CSR report in May.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array