Corporate Express Takes Green Cleaning Product Nationwide
Corporate Express has introduced a line of environmentally friendly commercial cleaning products. Sustainable Earth products â€“ previously available only in the Pacific Northwest through Coastwide Laboratories â€“ will now be available nationwide under the Corporate Express banner. Corporate Express acquired Coastwide Laboratories in 2006.
Corporate Express has also released a survey finding that a majority of U.S. workers (64 percent) say that their decision to work for a company or purchase its products are â€śstronglyâ€ť or â€śsomewhatâ€ť influenced by a companyâ€™s environmental practices or polices.
The survey found that approximately two out of three workers at companies without environmental policies would like to see such policies implemented in their office. In addition, 83 percent of employees would like to see their companies use environmentally friendly cleaning chemicals in their offices. And nearly one in three workers say they possess allergies that are aggravated by environmental conditions in their offices.
With the juxtaposition of the product launch and survey, the marketing angle on the press release is that if you use Sustainable Earth products, you could be one of those companies people want to work at.
Corporate Express has kicked off the new product line with a contest for Colorado businesses looking to “green” up their practices.Â The winner will get $20,000 worth of product and consultation with three sustainability consultants.
Corporate Express recently purchased renewable energy credits to cover 100 percent of the energy needs for its Colorado facilities.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works