Emerson Releases ‘Roadmap’ To Data Center Energy Optimization
Emerson Network Power has released a report that the company says provides data center and IT managers with a prioritized approach to reducing energy consumption.
The roadmap, Energy Logic, centers on “the cascade effect” by which one Watt saved at the processor level can save an average total of 2.84 Watts in energy consumption. The report quantifies savings and provides an estimated time to return on investment of each recommended action.
Emerson says that by following the Energy Logic sequence a company can potentially save more than half of a data center’s load. In an Emerson Network Power-modeled scenario of a 5,000-square-foot data center, applying the recommended strategies produced a savings of 585 kW from the data center’s initial 1,127 kW load. It also freed up two-thirds of the space, one-third of UPS capacity and 40 percent of cooling capacity, enabling easy expansion of compute capacity in the same data center.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works