Emerson Releases ‘Roadmap’ To Data Center Energy Optimization
Emerson Network Power has released a report that the company says provides data center and IT managers with a prioritized approach to reducing energy consumption.
The roadmap, Energy Logic, centers on “the cascade effect” by which one Watt saved at the processor level can save an average total of 2.84 Watts in energy consumption. The report quantifies savings and provides an estimated time to return on investment of each recommended action.
Emerson says that by following the Energy Logic sequence a company can potentially save more than half of a data center’s load. In an Emerson Network Power-modeled scenario of a 5,000-square-foot data center, applying the recommended strategies produced a savings of 585 kW from the data center’s initial 1,127 kW load. It also freed up two-thirds of the space, one-third of UPS capacity and 40 percent of cooling capacity, enabling easy expansion of compute capacity in the same data center.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls