Rudd Rumored, Yvo ‘A-Go’ At Bali Business Day
Enter some new blood that might help jump-start the slow-going U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change talks in Bali. Word is new Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd will arrive on Monday and speak to corporate executives and government leaders assembling for Global Business Day December 10 in Bali.
Yvo De Boer, UNFCCC Executive Secretary, is confirmed for the event, which is sponsored by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development and the International Chamber of Commerce, Kevin Tuerff of EnviroMedia Social Marketing reports. Global Business Day is billed as an opportunity for corporate and government leaders to discuss strategies for jointly achieving major policy change.
“This event will send a strong message that business wants a successful completion of a new global climate change framework beyond 2012 that includes a clear and ambitious long-term strategy for reducing global carbon and greenhouse gas emissions,” said WBCSD communications manager Thorsten Arndt.
U.S. climate chief Harlan Watson has said the U.S. will not discuss mandatory emission cuts in Bali.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike