Corporate Leaders Take Bigger Role In Sustainability Reporting
Public relations is taking a backseat to accounting when it comes to sustainability reports, the Financial Times reports.
“No longer is this an issue you can delegate to a function that works offline,” says David Phillips, senior corporate reporting leader at PwC. “It is mainstream and the responsibility of the CFO and CEO.”
This week, that view will be further reinforced with the publication of a report by the Prince of Wales’ Accounting for Sustainability project, which will focus on how to “embed” sustainability considerations into general corporate thinking, but also on how to report these efforts.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland