Corporate Leaders Take Bigger Role In Sustainability Reporting
Public relations is taking a backseat to accounting when it comes to sustainability reports, the Financial Times reports.
“No longer is this an issue you can delegate to a function that works offline,” says David Phillips, senior corporate reporting leader at PwC. “It is mainstream and the responsibility of the CFO and CEO.”
This week, that view will be further reinforced with the publication of a report by the Prince of Wales’ Accounting for Sustainability project, which will focus on how to “embed” sustainability considerations into general corporate thinking, but also on how to report these efforts.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years