Solar Venture Investing Trends
Venture capital investment in the solar industry has gone from a few deals in 2004 to potentially reach $1B in 2007, vaulting solar to the forefront of the greentech market in terms of both its overall capitalization and its competitive intensity, according to research from Greentechmedia. This investment focus has spurred innovation across every sector of the booming $17B global solar industry. The major players in solar – Sharp, BP Solar, Q-Cells, REC, and others – have had to adopt an entrepreneurial mind-set to maintain their technical and market leadership.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case