Solar Venture Investing Trends
Venture capital investment in the solar industry has gone from a few deals in 2004 to potentially reach $1B in 2007, vaulting solar to the forefront of the greentech market in terms of both its overall capitalization and its competitive intensity, according to research from Greentechmedia. This investment focus has spurred innovation across every sector of the booming $17B global solar industry. The major players in solar – Sharp, BP Solar, Q-Cells, REC, and others – have had to adopt an entrepreneurial mind-set to maintain their technical and market leadership.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports