NYC Approves Replacing Crown Victorias With Hybrids
New York City’s Taxi & Limousine Commission yesterday approved a deal that would replace the city’s iconic Crown Victoria taxicabs with hybrid automobiles in the coming years, The New York Sun reports.
Taxis beginning service in October 2008 must achieve at least 25 city miles a gallon, and in 2009 new taxis must achieve 30 city miles a gallon. The Crown Victoria gets about 10 city miles per gallon.
Mayor Bloomberg announced plans for a green taxi fleet in May.
Energy Manager News
- 5 Reasons Clean Energy Investments Beat Expectations
- East Coast Cities are Top 3 Most Energy Efficient
- Tri-Generation System Generates Heat, Power, Hydrogen
- Lennox Expands Commercial Packaged Rooftop Units
- US Representative Wants to Extend Tax Credits for Clean Energy
- Eaton Hired at Fort Campbell
- Schneider Software Prevents Overcooling in Data Centers
- HVAC Brain Carries Siemens Commercial Room Thermostat