NYC Approves Replacing Crown Victorias With Hybrids
New York City’s Taxi & Limousine Commission yesterday approved a deal that would replace the city’s iconic Crown Victoria taxicabs with hybrid automobiles in the coming years, The New York Sun reports.
Taxis beginning service in October 2008 must achieve at least 25 city miles a gallon, and in 2009 new taxis must achieve 30 city miles a gallon. The Crown Victoria gets about 10 city miles per gallon.
Mayor Bloomberg announced plans for a green taxi fleet in May.
Energy Manager News
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals
- Mercy Housing, Promise Energy Teaming Up
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016