NYC Approves Replacing Crown Victorias With Hybrids
New York City’s Taxi & Limousine Commission yesterday approved a deal that would replace the city’s iconic Crown Victoria taxicabs with hybrid automobiles in the coming years, The New York Sun reports.
Taxis beginning service in October 2008 must achieve at least 25 city miles a gallon, and in 2009 new taxis must achieve 30 city miles a gallon. The Crown Victoria gets about 10 city miles per gallon.
Mayor Bloomberg announced plans for a green taxi fleet in May.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned