NYC Approves Replacing Crown Victorias With Hybrids
New York City’s Taxi & Limousine Commission yesterday approved a deal that would replace the city’s iconic Crown Victoria taxicabs with hybrid automobiles in the coming years, The New York Sun reports.
Taxis beginning service in October 2008 must achieve at least 25 city miles a gallon, and in 2009 new taxis must achieve 30 city miles a gallon. The Crown Victoria gets about 10 city miles per gallon.
Mayor Bloomberg announced plans for a green taxi fleet in May.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves