Green Marketing Gets Its Own Effie
The Effie Awards is launching a green category that will be sponsored by Discovery’ Network’s Planet Green. The Green Effie will recognize the most effective green marketing campaign (sustainability, healthy lifestyle, energy conservation, green products or services, green business alignment, etc.).With the green category, the criteria for effective marketing will single out “brands that are truly striving to make our planet a better place to live.”
The announcement comes just as the Federal Trade Commission is beginning a regulatory review of its environmental marketing guidelines, also known as the Green Guides.
In the eco spirit, the Effie organization has come up with green submission requirements with entrants being asked to send less written materials:
– 3 hard copies of entry form, printed back & front (on recycled paper if possible)
– 5 copies of any print creative materials
The Green Effie Awards will print additional copies if needed, on recycled paper. For judging purposes, print creative materials will be shared between jury members.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store