1% Of UK Businesses Know Their Carbon Footprint
More than a quarter (26 percent) of all UK businesses, and 43 percent of large businesses, have been affected by climate change. Almost the same number (27 percent) of UK businesses now see climate change as a business opportunity, with that number rising to 60 percent for FTSEs, according to a new Carbon Trust report examining the attitudes of UK business leaders towards CO2 emissions.
However, when it comes to measuring their business’ carbon impact, only one percent of all UK businesses know their carbon footprint. This number rises to 46 percent for FTSE companies.
According to FTSE business leaders surveyed, the chance to rethink products and services topped the table as the biggest opportunity (22 percent). However, large non-FTSE businesses were more likely to see climate change as creating an opportunity to reduce costs rather than to generate new business.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Direct Current Powers Building
- Honeywell Acquires Elster for $5.1B
- Business Services Firm Adds Energy Management to its Offerings
- Researchers Find a Way to Capture, Use Lost Solar Energy
- Ideal Power, KACO Converge Energy Storage, Solar
- Constellation Deploys Solar for Baltimore Ravens
- Franklin Energy Wins Contract for Wisconsin Load Limiting Program
- 80% of Businesses Choose Competitive Electricity Retailers in Deregulated Areas