1% Of UK Businesses Know Their Carbon Footprint
More than a quarter (26 percent) of all UK businesses, and 43 percent of large businesses, have been affected by climate change. Almost the same number (27 percent) of UK businesses now see climate change as a business opportunity, with that number rising to 60 percent for FTSEs, according to a new Carbon Trust report examining the attitudes of UK business leaders towards CO2 emissions.
However, when it comes to measuring their business’ carbon impact, only one percent of all UK businesses know their carbon footprint. This number rises to 46 percent for FTSE companies.
According to FTSE business leaders surveyed, the chance to rethink products and services topped the table as the biggest opportunity (22 percent). However, large non-FTSE businesses were more likely to see climate change as creating an opportunity to reduce costs rather than to generate new business.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- EPA Enacts Clean Power Plan, But Delays the Start Date
- Why the Clean Power Plan Will Survive in Court
- PG&E Proposes Net Metering Charge for New Solar Customers
- Verisae Incorporates Urjanet’s Utility Data
- Industrial Power Supplies Eliminate Need for Enclosures
- Commercial HVAC Systems Market to Reach $47.5B in 2024
- Developing Energy Efficient Electronics with Wide Bandgap Semiconductors
- 365 Companies Throw Support Behind EPA’s Clean Power Plan