1% Of UK Businesses Know Their Carbon Footprint
More than a quarter (26 percent) of all UK businesses, and 43 percent of large businesses, have been affected by climate change. Almost the same number (27 percent) of UK businesses now see climate change as a business opportunity, with that number rising to 60 percent for FTSEs, according to a new Carbon Trust report examining the attitudes of UK business leaders towards CO2 emissions.
However, when it comes to measuring their business’ carbon impact, only one percent of all UK businesses know their carbon footprint. This number rises to 46 percent for FTSE companies.
According to FTSE business leaders surveyed, the chance to rethink products and services topped the table as the biggest opportunity (22 percent). However, large non-FTSE businesses were more likely to see climate change as creating an opportunity to reduce costs rather than to generate new business.
Energy Manager News
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Feb. 5
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency