1% Of UK Businesses Know Their Carbon Footprint
More than a quarter (26 percent) of all UK businesses, and 43 percent of large businesses, have been affected by climate change. Almost the same number (27 percent) of UK businesses now see climate change as a business opportunity, with that number rising to 60 percent for FTSEs, according to a new Carbon Trust report examining the attitudes of UK business leaders towards CO2 emissions.
However, when it comes to measuring their business’ carbon impact, only one percent of all UK businesses know their carbon footprint. This number rises to 46 percent for FTSE companies.
According to FTSE business leaders surveyed, the chance to rethink products and services topped the table as the biggest opportunity (22 percent). However, large non-FTSE businesses were more likely to see climate change as creating an opportunity to reduce costs rather than to generate new business.
Energy Manager News
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund