1% Of UK Businesses Know Their Carbon Footprint
More than a quarter (26 percent) of all UK businesses, and 43 percent of large businesses, have been affected by climate change. Almost the same number (27 percent) of UK businesses now see climate change as a business opportunity, with that number rising to 60 percent for FTSEs, according to a new Carbon Trust report examining the attitudes of UK business leaders towards CO2 emissions.
However, when it comes to measuring their business’ carbon impact, only one percent of all UK businesses know their carbon footprint. This number rises to 46 percent for FTSE companies.
According to FTSE business leaders surveyed, the chance to rethink products and services topped the table as the biggest opportunity (22 percent). However, large non-FTSE businesses were more likely to see climate change as creating an opportunity to reduce costs rather than to generate new business.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant