BT Takes Award For Sustainability Reporting
BT has won the top accolade at the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants’ annual UK Awards for Sustainability Reporting.
Transparent disclosures on its overall strategy along with the key CSR risks and opportunities for the business, helped give BT an edge, according to judges. The Group was also praised for its efforts to outline the business case for CSR, describe how key material issues are selected for reporting and include stakeholder feedback in the form of a detailed statement from its stakeholder panel.
Unilever was runner up for the main prize. Vodafone, last year’s overall winner, was praised for its disclosures on public policy, lobbying and taxation, and BP for its transparency in approach to assurance.
Winner of the electronic media commendation was BHP Billiton, whose web-based report was praised for its user-friendly navigation, credibility, functionality and wealth of narrative information. Runner-up was Centrica.
The full list of awards and commendations for 2007:
Winner, Best report – BT
Runner up – Unilever
Commendation for disclosure on public policy, lobbying and taxation – Vodafone
Commendation for transparency in approach to assurance – BP
Joint Commendation for SME reporting – Traidcraft and Shared Interest Ltd
Winner, Electronic media Commendation – BHP Billiton
Runner up – Centrica
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend