BT Takes Award For Sustainability Reporting
BT has won the top accolade at the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants’ annual UK Awards for Sustainability Reporting.
Transparent disclosures on its overall strategy along with the key CSR risks and opportunities for the business, helped give BT an edge, according to judges. The Group was also praised for its efforts to outline the business case for CSR, describe how key material issues are selected for reporting and include stakeholder feedback in the form of a detailed statement from its stakeholder panel.
Unilever was runner up for the main prize. Vodafone, last year’s overall winner, was praised for its disclosures on public policy, lobbying and taxation, and BP for its transparency in approach to assurance.
Winner of the electronic media commendation was BHP Billiton, whose web-based report was praised for its user-friendly navigation, credibility, functionality and wealth of narrative information. Runner-up was Centrica.
The full list of awards and commendations for 2007:
Winner, Best report – BT
Runner up – Unilever
Commendation for disclosure on public policy, lobbying and taxation – Vodafone
Commendation for transparency in approach to assurance – BP
Joint Commendation for SME reporting – Traidcraft and Shared Interest Ltd
Winner, Electronic media Commendation – BHP Billiton
Runner up – Centrica
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management