Northwest Pledges $1 Million To Nature Conservancy, Launches ‘EarthCares’
Northwest Airlines is making a $1 million donation to The Nature Conservancy, in equal payments, over the next three years. The gift comes at the request of NWA‚Äôs corporate and individual customers, according to the airline, many of whom have voiced support for programs to offset and reduce carbon emissions. EarthCares will be Northwest‚Äôs program for implementing new environmental initiatives, such as The Nature Conservancy donation.
NWA‚Äôs partnership with the Nature Conservancy will focus on four strategic conservation projects around Northwest‚Äôs domestic hubs, as well as a first-of-its-kind program in China.
Northwest says its customers will soon be able to support these projects with a financial donation online, a donation of frequent flier miles, or a contribution that is related to offsetting the estimated carbon emissions from their travel on Northwest flights.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations
- ASHRAE Proposes ‚ÄúBackbone‚ÄĚ for Building Rating Programs
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University‚Äôs Microgrid