Northwest Pledges $1 Million To Nature Conservancy, Launches ‘EarthCares’
Northwest Airlines is making a $1 million donation to The Nature Conservancy, in equal payments, over the next three years. The gift comes at the request of NWAâ€™s corporate and individual customers, according to the airline, many of whom have voiced support for programs to offset and reduce carbon emissions. EarthCares will be Northwestâ€™s program for implementing new environmental initiatives, such as The Nature Conservancy donation.
NWAâ€™s partnership with the Nature Conservancy will focus on four strategic conservation projects around Northwestâ€™s domestic hubs, as well as a first-of-its-kind program in China.
Northwest says its customers will soon be able to support these projects with a financial donation online, a donation of frequent flier miles, or a contribution that is related to offsetting the estimated carbon emissions from their travel on Northwest flights.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers â€˜Second Opinionâ€™ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland