Northwest Pledges $1 Million To Nature Conservancy, Launches ‘EarthCares’
Northwest Airlines is making a $1 million donation to The Nature Conservancy, in equal payments, over the next three years. The gift comes at the request of NWAâ€™s corporate and individual customers, according to the airline, many of whom have voiced support for programs to offset and reduce carbon emissions. EarthCares will be Northwestâ€™s program for implementing new environmental initiatives, such as The Nature Conservancy donation.
NWAâ€™s partnership with the Nature Conservancy will focus on four strategic conservation projects around Northwestâ€™s domestic hubs, as well as a first-of-its-kind program in China.
Northwest says its customers will soon be able to support these projects with a financial donation online, a donation of frequent flier miles, or a contribution that is related to offsetting the estimated carbon emissions from their travel on Northwest flights.
Energy Manager News
- Featured Project of the Year: Atlas Box Deploys Digital Lumens for Energy Intelligence
- Businesses Find that Itâ€™s Possible to Save Moneyâ€“and the Environment
- Duquesne Light Building Experimental Microgrid
- Las Cruces Moving to LEDs, Solar
- Intelligence and Automation to Drive Growth of Smart Cities
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds