Northwest Pledges $1 Million To Nature Conservancy, Launches ‘EarthCares’
Northwest Airlines is making a $1 million donation to The Nature Conservancy, in equal payments, over the next three years. The gift comes at the request of NWAâ€™s corporate and individual customers, according to the airline, many of whom have voiced support for programs to offset and reduce carbon emissions. EarthCares will be Northwestâ€™s program for implementing new environmental initiatives, such as The Nature Conservancy donation.
NWAâ€™s partnership with the Nature Conservancy will focus on four strategic conservation projects around Northwestâ€™s domestic hubs, as well as a first-of-its-kind program in China.
Northwest says its customers will soon be able to support these projects with a financial donation online, a donation of frequent flier miles, or a contribution that is related to offsetting the estimated carbon emissions from their travel on Northwest flights.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 24
- Research Makes Gains on Combined Energy Systems, Heat Exchangers
- School Projects in MA, CO
- Pattern Energy Completes 200 MW Loganâ€™s Gap Wind Facility in Texas
- Marine Corps Upgrading 37 Buildings at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Photovoltaic Projects in TN, CT
- California Pushing Solar to Economically Disadvantaged Communities
- QM Power Introduces Efficient Motor