Northwest Pledges $1 Million To Nature Conservancy, Launches ‘EarthCares’
Northwest Airlines is making a $1 million donation to The Nature Conservancy, in equal payments, over the next three years. The gift comes at the request of NWAâ€™s corporate and individual customers, according to the airline, many of whom have voiced support for programs to offset and reduce carbon emissions. EarthCares will be Northwestâ€™s program for implementing new environmental initiatives, such as The Nature Conservancy donation.
NWAâ€™s partnership with the Nature Conservancy will focus on four strategic conservation projects around Northwestâ€™s domestic hubs, as well as a first-of-its-kind program in China.
Northwest says its customers will soon be able to support these projects with a financial donation online, a donation of frequent flier miles, or a contribution that is related to offsetting the estimated carbon emissions from their travel on Northwest flights.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider â€˜Outsâ€™ Misleading Strategy Behind Floridaâ€™s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE