Daimler Takes Orders From NYC, Ottawa For Over 1000 Hybrid Buses
MTA New York City Transit has ordered 850 and the City of Ottawa’s OC Transpo has ordered 202 Orion VII Next Generation diesel-electric hybrid transit buses. These buses will be powered by BAE Systems’ Hybri Drive diesel-electric hybrid propulsion system and delivered into 2010.
With already 1,100 diesel-electric hybrid transit buses on the road, 460 pending deliveries and the announced new orders of almost 1,052 units, Orion received over 2,600 orders since the launch of the Orion hybrid bus in 2003.
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion