Daimler Takes Orders From NYC, Ottawa For Over 1000 Hybrid Buses
MTA New York City Transit has ordered 850 and the City of Ottawa’s OC Transpo has ordered 202 Orion VII Next Generation diesel-electric hybrid transit buses. These buses will be powered by BAE Systems’ Hybri Drive diesel-electric hybrid propulsion system and delivered into 2010.
With already 1,100 diesel-electric hybrid transit buses on the road, 460 pending deliveries and the announced new orders of almost 1,052 units, Orion received over 2,600 orders since the launch of the Orion hybrid bus in 2003.
Energy Manager News
- Getting Serious About Energy Metrics
- Honeywell Smart Building Technology Uses ‘Tablet-Like’ Visualization
- Micro Wind Turbines Top Intel Headquarters
- Neon LED Strip Light Prevents Dangers of Actual Neon Light
- Framingham Saves $380,000 per Year with ESPC
- FlexEnergy Commissions Multiple 250 KW Gas Turbines in Seoul
- Corporations Rally to Streamline Renewable Energy Procurement
- Solar Trees Provide Shade, Electricity, EV Charging