Daimler Takes Orders From NYC, Ottawa For Over 1000 Hybrid Buses
MTA New York City Transit has ordered 850 and the City of Ottawa’s OC Transpo has ordered 202 Orion VII Next Generation diesel-electric hybrid transit buses. These buses will be powered by BAE Systems’ Hybri Drive diesel-electric hybrid propulsion system and delivered into 2010.
With already 1,100 diesel-electric hybrid transit buses on the road, 460 pending deliveries and the announced new orders of almost 1,052 units, Orion received over 2,600 orders since the launch of the Orion hybrid bus in 2003.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Making a Powerful Impact with Solar Proposals in Canada and Beyond
- Renovate America Lands $90M Investment
- Automated Building Envelope Sealing Technology Previewed
- Telecom Towers in India Switching to Hydrogen Fuel Cells
- Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier Introduced
- ESG Upgrades Schools in Alabama, Illinois
- Shedding a Light on Marijuana Growth
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts