NY Moving Company Greens Operations
Movers, Not Shakers says it is the first moving company in New York to incorporate green moving practices in its operations from start to finish.
All of the companies moving trucks run on biodiesel produced locally. Reusable moving bins are dropped off in advance of the move, and picked up a week or so after the move. The storage warehouse uses power from green sources. Finally, the company donates an amount calculated to offset the rest of its CO2 footprint to Prospect Park in Brooklyn, NY.
According to Mark Ehrhardt, the company’s president and founder, the moving industry is considered to be one of the most difficult to make green because fuel emissions are a major cause of global warming and most packing products are made from plastic and other non-renewable, petroleum based materials.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs