NY Moving Company Greens Operations
Movers, Not Shakers says it is the first moving company in New York to incorporate green moving practices in its operations from start to finish.
All of the companies moving trucks run on biodiesel produced locally. Reusable moving bins are dropped off in advance of the move, and picked up a week or so after the move. The storage warehouse uses power from green sources. Finally, the company donates an amount calculated to offset the rest of its CO2 footprint to Prospect Park in Brooklyn, NY.
According to Mark Ehrhardt, the company’s president and founder, the moving industry is considered to be one of the most difficult to make green because fuel emissions are a major cause of global warming and most packing products are made from plastic and other non-renewable, petroleum based materials.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool