NY Moving Company Greens Operations
Movers, Not Shakers says it is the first moving company in New York to incorporate green moving practices in its operations from start to finish.
All of the companies moving trucks run on biodiesel produced locally. Reusable moving bins are dropped off in advance of the move, and picked up a week or so after the move. The storage warehouse uses power from green sources. Finally, the company donates an amount calculated to offset the rest of its CO2 footprint to Prospect Park in Brooklyn, NY.
According to Mark Ehrhardt, the company’s president and founder, the moving industry is considered to be one of the most difficult to make green because fuel emissions are a major cause of global warming and most packing products are made from plastic and other non-renewable, petroleum based materials.
Energy Manager News
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Feb. 5
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate