NY Moving Company Greens Operations
Movers, Not Shakers says it is the first moving company in New York to incorporate green moving practices in its operations from start to finish.
All of the companies moving trucks run on biodiesel produced locally. Reusable moving bins are dropped off in advance of the move, and picked up a week or so after the move. The storage warehouse uses power from green sources. Finally, the company donates an amount calculated to offset the rest of its CO2 footprint to Prospect Park in Brooklyn, NY.
According to Mark Ehrhardt, the company’s president and founder, the moving industry is considered to be one of the most difficult to make green because fuel emissions are a major cause of global warming and most packing products are made from plastic and other non-renewable, petroleum based materials.
Energy Manager News
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes