NY Moving Company Greens Operations
Movers, Not Shakers says it is the first moving company in New York to incorporate green moving practices in its operations from start to finish.
All of the companies moving trucks run on biodiesel produced locally. Reusable moving bins are dropped off in advance of the move, and picked up a week or so after the move. The storage warehouse uses power from green sources. Finally, the company donates an amount calculated to offset the rest of its CO2 footprint to Prospect Park in Brooklyn, NY.
According to Mark Ehrhardt, the company’s president and founder, the moving industry is considered to be one of the most difficult to make green because fuel emissions are a major cause of global warming and most packing products are made from plastic and other non-renewable, petroleum based materials.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls