PG&E To Purchase Wave Power From Finavera
The plan is for the wave farm, to be built off the coast near California’s Humboldt County, to be producing power in 2012.
To generate power, a buoy connected to a long underwater piston bobs up and down on the waves. The buoy pushes the piston, which pressurizes a chamber filled with seawater. The pressure cranks a turbine and electricity is made.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners