PG&E To Purchase Wave Power From Finavera
The plan is for the wave farm, to be built off the coast near California’s Humboldt County, to be producing power in 2012.
To generate power, a buoy connected to a long underwater piston bobs up and down on the waves. The buoy pushes the piston, which pressurizes a chamber filled with seawater. The pressure cranks a turbine and electricity is made.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike