PG&E To Purchase Wave Power From Finavera
The plan is for the wave farm, to be built off the coast near California’s Humboldt County, to be producing power in 2012.
To generate power, a buoy connected to a long underwater piston bobs up and down on the waves. The buoy pushes the piston, which pressurizes a chamber filled with seawater. The pressure cranks a turbine and electricity is made.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.