PG&E To Purchase Wave Power From Finavera
The plan is for the wave farm, to be built off the coast near California’s Humboldt County, to be producing power in 2012.
To generate power, a buoy connected to a long underwater piston bobs up and down on the waves. The buoy pushes the piston, which pressurizes a chamber filled with seawater. The pressure cranks a turbine and electricity is made.
Energy Manager News
- Six Critical Tips to Transform Your Organization’s Energy Management
- Supreme Court to Review Demand Response Decision
- Dartmouth Upgrades Field House Lighting with Digital Lumens
- Tesla Needs More Partnerships for Powerwall Success, Says Lux
- College Installs 2.5 MW of Solar
- Gexpro, Geli, Ideal Power, LG Chem Join for Battery Energy Storage
- LEDs Facilitate Retail Shopping Applications
- The Hidden Pitfalls of Natural Gas Cost Savings