Cisco To Implement Department-Level Carbon Quotas
Cisco plans to launch a new program that will give each department within its business a carbon quota, BusinessGreen reports. The company will pilot the program early next year with a company-wide roll out possible in the second half of 2008.
Departments will be given a carbon quota as well as tools designed to help them cut their emissions. Rather than penalizing departments that go over their quota, the company is leaning towards giving incentives to departments that cut emissions. Senior managers will be assessed on how well they manage their carbon budget.
Energy Manager News
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE
- Key Trends: Corporate Renewable Energy Procurement and Spend 2016
- Cogeneration Continues to Make Inroads
- Honeywell, OG&E Upgrading Tinker Air Force Base Assembly Plant
- Schneider Electric Working with 3 NJ School Districts
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 14, 2016