Cisco To Implement Department-Level Carbon Quotas
Cisco plans to launch a new program that will give each department within its business a carbon quota, BusinessGreen reports. The company will pilot the program early next year with a company-wide roll out possible in the second half of 2008.
Departments will be given a carbon quota as well as tools designed to help them cut their emissions. Rather than penalizing departments that go over their quota, the company is leaning towards giving incentives to departments that cut emissions. Senior managers will be assessed on how well they manage their carbon budget.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation