OfficeMax Releases Corporate Social Responsibility Report
“Over the past three years, OfficeMax has made positive strides in our business overall and in our efforts to ensure that our company operates in a socially and environmentally responsible manner,” said Sam Duncan, chairman and CEO of OfficeMax. “We committed significant effort to the compilation of our CSR Report and are proud to have this record of our accomplishments. As OfficeMax enhances programs already in place and launches new programs, we have a living document to record our progress.”
The report focuses on five areas: diversity and inclusion, working environment, community and education, natural environment and customer value.
In July, OfficeMax launched a new recycling program through its MaxPerks membership program. The system provides customers with a way to collect and redeem recyclable office items such as used ink and toner cartridges and cell phones with batteries.
In February, after a seven-year campaign against it by environmentalist groups, OfficeMax released a new paper procurement policy.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management