OfficeMax Releases Corporate Social Responsibility Report
“Over the past three years, OfficeMax has made positive strides in our business overall and in our efforts to ensure that our company operates in a socially and environmentally responsible manner,” said Sam Duncan, chairman and CEO of OfficeMax. “We committed significant effort to the compilation of our CSR Report and are proud to have this record of our accomplishments. As OfficeMax enhances programs already in place and launches new programs, we have a living document to record our progress.”
The report focuses on five areas: diversity and inclusion, working environment, community and education, natural environment and customer value.
In July, OfficeMax launched a new recycling program through its MaxPerks membership program. The system provides customers with a way to collect and redeem recyclable office items such as used ink and toner cartridges and cell phones with batteries.
In February, after a seven-year campaign against it by environmentalist groups, OfficeMax released a new paper procurement policy.
Energy Manager News
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments