OfficeMax Releases Corporate Social Responsibility Report
“Over the past three years, OfficeMax has made positive strides in our business overall and in our efforts to ensure that our company operates in a socially and environmentally responsible manner,” said Sam Duncan, chairman and CEO of OfficeMax. “We committed significant effort to the compilation of our CSR Report and are proud to have this record of our accomplishments. As OfficeMax enhances programs already in place and launches new programs, we have a living document to record our progress.”
The report focuses on five areas: diversity and inclusion, working environment, community and education, natural environment and customer value.
In July, OfficeMax launched a new recycling program through its MaxPerks membership program. The system provides customers with a way to collect and redeem recyclable office items such as used ink and toner cartridges and cell phones with batteries.
In February, after a seven-year campaign against it by environmentalist groups, OfficeMax released a new paper procurement policy.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned