OfficeMax Releases Corporate Social Responsibility Report
“Over the past three years, OfficeMax has made positive strides in our business overall and in our efforts to ensure that our company operates in a socially and environmentally responsible manner,” said Sam Duncan, chairman and CEO of OfficeMax. “We committed significant effort to the compilation of our CSR Report and are proud to have this record of our accomplishments. As OfficeMax enhances programs already in place and launches new programs, we have a living document to record our progress.”
The report focuses on five areas: diversity and inclusion, working environment, community and education, natural environment and customer value.
In July, OfficeMax launched a new recycling program through its MaxPerks membership program. The system provides customers with a way to collect and redeem recyclable office items such as used ink and toner cartridges and cell phones with batteries.
In February, after a seven-year campaign against it by environmentalist groups, OfficeMax released a new paper procurement policy.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Making a Powerful Impact with Solar Proposals in Canada and Beyond
- Renovate America Lands $90M Investment
- Automated Building Envelope Sealing Technology Previewed
- Telecom Towers in India Switching to Hydrogen Fuel Cells
- Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier Introduced
- ESG Upgrades Schools in Alabama, Illinois
- Shedding a Light on Marijuana Growth
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts