First Look Studios Pushes Green Packaging, Launches Tree Planting Program
First Look Studios is collaborating with Shorewood Packaging, a business of International Paper, on a tree planting program that will offset the emissions generated from the manufacture of one million DVD packages.
The studio is also switching to 100 percent recycled Prokote paperboard Flip-Paks for its screeners. Paper is being cut by printing marketing information directly on the Flip-Paks. Package printing will be water-based coated instead of UV and final product wraps will be made of 100#, 30 percent recycled paper. Finally, package recycling instructions will be given to consumers and buyers on First Look products.
Universal Studios tested green DVD packaging in October with the Canadian release of Evan Almighty in a thin, cardboard sleeve.
Energy Manager News
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments