First Look Studios Pushes Green Packaging, Launches Tree Planting Program
First Look Studios is collaborating with Shorewood Packaging, a business of International Paper, on a tree planting program that will offset the emissions generated from the manufacture of one million DVD packages.
The studio is also switching to 100 percent recycled Prokote paperboard Flip-Paks for its screeners. Paper is being cut by printing marketing information directly on the Flip-Paks. Package printing will be water-based coated instead of UV and final product wraps will be made of 100#, 30 percent recycled paper. Finally, package recycling instructions will be given to consumers and buyers on First Look products.
Universal Studios tested green DVD packaging in October with the Canadian release of Evan Almighty in a thin, cardboard sleeve.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned