First Look Studios Pushes Green Packaging, Launches Tree Planting Program
First Look Studios is collaborating with Shorewood Packaging, a business of International Paper, on a tree planting program that will offset the emissions generated from the manufacture of one million DVD packages.
The studio is also switching to 100 percent recycled Prokote paperboard Flip-Paks for its screeners. Paper is being cut by printing marketing information directly on the Flip-Paks. Package printing will be water-based coated instead of UV and final product wraps will be made of 100#, 30 percent recycled paper. Finally, package recycling instructions will be given to consumers and buyers on First Look products.
Universal Studios tested green DVD packaging in October with the Canadian release of Evan Almighty in a thin, cardboard sleeve.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls