First Look Studios Pushes Green Packaging, Launches Tree Planting Program
First Look Studios is collaborating with Shorewood Packaging, a business of International Paper, on a tree planting program that will offset the emissions generated from the manufacture of one million DVD packages.
The studio is also switching to 100 percent recycled Prokote paperboard Flip-Paks for its screeners. Paper is being cut by printing marketing information directly on the Flip-Paks. Package printing will be water-based coated instead of UV and final product wraps will be made of 100#, 30 percent recycled paper. Finally, package recycling instructions will be given to consumers and buyers on First Look products.
Universal Studios tested green DVD packaging in October with the Canadian release of Evan Almighty in a thin, cardboard sleeve.
Energy Manager News
- Six Critical Tips to Transform Your Organization’s Energy Management
- Supreme Court to Review Demand Response Decision
- Dartmouth Upgrades Field House Lighting with Digital Lumens
- Tesla Needs More Partnerships for Powerwall Success, Says Lux
- College Installs 2.5 MW of Solar
- Gexpro, Geli, Ideal Power, LG Chem Join for Battery Energy Storage
- LEDs Facilitate Retail Shopping Applications
- The Hidden Pitfalls of Natural Gas Cost Savings