First Look Studios Pushes Green Packaging, Launches Tree Planting Program
First Look Studios is collaborating with Shorewood Packaging, a business of International Paper, on a tree planting program that will offset the emissions generated from the manufacture of one million DVD packages.
The studio is also switching to 100 percent recycled Prokote paperboard Flip-Paks for its screeners. Paper is being cut by printing marketing information directly on the Flip-Paks. Package printing will be water-based coated instead of UV and final product wraps will be made of 100#, 30 percent recycled paper. Finally, package recycling instructions will be given to consumers and buyers on First Look products.
Universal Studios tested green DVD packaging in October with the Canadian release of Evan Almighty in a thin, cardboard sleeve.
Energy Manager News
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program