IBM Releases Corporate Responsibility Report
IBM issued its 2007 Corporate Responsibility Report titled “Global Citizenship,” presenting results of the company’s environmental programs.
Some 2006 numbers:
- IBM’s procurement of renewable energy and renewable energy certificates increased from 11M kWh in 2001 to 368M kWh in 2006. It now acounts for 7.3% of IBM’s global electricity purchases.
- 3.9% total energy savings due to energy conservation actions vs. goal of 3.5% (renewable energy is now part of IBM’s 2nd generation CO2 emissions reduction goal) electricity and fuel use and related Co2 emissions.
- 8.1% reduction in pollution, representing 315 metric tons.
- 2.3% annual water savings in semiconductor operations;7.0% average five-year savings vs. 2% goal.
- Reduced CO2 emissions by 10.3% vs. 4% goal.
- Net recycled plastic content represented 11.7% by weight of IBM’s total purchase of plastics vs. 5% goal.
- Processed 49,083 metric tons of products and product waste, and sent 1% (0.78%) of the total to landfills vs. goal of not-to-exceed 3%.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry