HGTV Lines Up Sponsors For Green Home Giveaway
Shaw Industries, Sears, General Motors, SCJ, Kohler, Caesarstone and Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation have signed on as sponsors for HGTV’s Green Home Giveaway. The show will highlight their products.
HGTV is building the “green” home in Tradition Hilton Head, a 5,300-acre master-planned community near the beach resort of Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. During the HGTV Green Home Giveaway 2008, from March 21 – May 9, 2008, viewers can enter to win the home and a prize package.
“Our involvement with the HGTV Green Home allows us to showcase our environmental commitment while demonstrating techniques people can use in their own homes to conserve natural resources,” said David Page, president of Tradition Hilton Head of South Carolina. “The HGTV Green Home is an important first step in our plans to build Tradition as a green community, a place where our builders are required to utilize green design and conservation elements will be incorporated throughout.”
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls