Hitachi Releases Green Goals, Establishes ‘Chief Env. Strategy Officer’ Post
The Hitachi Group has drafted a long-term plan called Environmental Vision 2025 with the goal of cutting CO2 emissions associated with its products by 100 million tons in fiscal 2025.
To meet its targets, the Hitachi Group established the post of Hitachi Group CEnO (Chief Environmental Strategy Officer) on December 1, 2007. As the name suggests, the CEnO is responsible for coordinating and managing environmental management strategies for the Hitachi Group. Accompanying this move, the Group will establish the Environmental Strategy Office on January 1, 2008.
You can read the log-term plan here.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry