Hitachi Releases Green Goals, Establishes ‘Chief Env. Strategy Officer’ Post
The Hitachi Group has drafted a long-term plan called Environmental Vision 2025 with the goal of cutting CO2 emissions associated with its products by 100 million tons in fiscal 2025.
To meet its targets, the Hitachi Group established the post of Hitachi Group CEnO (Chief Environmental Strategy Officer) on December 1, 2007. As the name suggests, the CEnO is responsible for coordinating and managing environmental management strategies for the Hitachi Group. Accompanying this move, the Group will establish the Environmental Strategy Office on January 1, 2008.
You can read the log-term plan here.
Energy Manager News
- Utilities Reaching Out Through Analytics
- Waste-to-Fuel Technology in the U.K.
- Singapore to Look at Placing Datacenters in Hot, Humid Environments
- Dynegy Files to Move Illinois Into ‘Single, Competitive Power Market’
- IRRC Jettisons Pennsylvania PUC’s Controversial Cap on Net Metering
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal