Toyota Taps 4 Plants As Models Of Sustainability
Toyota has designated four overseas plants as models for sustainable plants. Two are in Europe-the UK and France-one is in Thailand, and the one in the United States is in Mississippi. The Blue Springs plant in Mississippi is expected to begin operation around 2010.
The sustainable plants seek to “harmonize production sites with their natural surroundings” with three perspectives in mind: Use innovative technology to achieve environmental performance; use renewable energy to reduce carbon emissions; and plant trees to contribute to the local community and conserve the environment.
One such plant, Toyota’s Ban Pho Plant in the Asia-Pacific region, became operational in January 2007.
See more on Toyota’s green plants here.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management