PwC Steers Employees Towards Greener Cars
Under a a contract hire scheme in its flexible benefits program, employees at PricewaterhouseCoopers can currently select a car from an extensive list of models that includes green cars as well as gas-guzzlers, but that’s about to change, according to Employee Benefits magazine. The company will now restrict choice of new vehicles to those that emit a maximum of 265 grams of CO2 per kilometre.The new initiative is aimed at changing the behaviour of a small proportion of drivers who have chosen cars that are particularly damaging to the environment.
Energy Manager News
- 18 Organizations Recognized for Cutting Parking Facility Energy Use
- ASHRAE Updates Lighting and Controls Guidelines
- RI Town Begins $620,000 Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- Businesses Offered ‘Instant Rebates’ from Utility
- Rocky Mountain Institute Provides Energy Retrofit Course
- DOE Awards $600,000 for Building Energy Efficiency Projects
- 3Degrees Helps Companies Procure Renewables