Volvo Dealer Offsets Projected Emissions Of Cars Sold
Don Beyer Volvo of Falls Church, Virginia, announced at a news conference that in collaboration with Clean Currents, LLC, it will purchase enough renewable energy credits to offset the estimated first year of carbon emissions for every car sold at its Falls Church, Alexandria, Dulles and Winchester Showrooms.
Last year, Volkswagen of America offset the carbon emissions of projected consumer use. From September 1, 2007, until January 2, 2008, vehicles sold by Volkswagen had carbon emissions offset for the first year of ownership.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency