Volvo Dealer Offsets Projected Emissions Of Cars Sold
Don Beyer Volvo of Falls Church, Virginia, announced at a news conference that in collaboration with Clean Currents, LLC, it will purchase enough renewable energy credits to offset the estimated first year of carbon emissions for every car sold at its Falls Church, Alexandria, Dulles and Winchester Showrooms.
Last year, Volkswagen of America offset the carbon emissions of projected consumer use. From September 1, 2007, until January 2, 2008, vehicles sold by Volkswagen had carbon emissions offset for the first year of ownership.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend
- Energy Management: The Internet of Things Changes Everything
- Big Biogas Project Underway Down Under
- Kroger, Love’s Sign with LSI Industries