Volvo Dealer Offsets Projected Emissions Of Cars Sold
Don Beyer Volvo of Falls Church, Virginia, announced at a news conference that in collaboration with Clean Currents, LLC, it will purchase enough renewable energy credits to offset the estimated first year of carbon emissions for every car sold at its Falls Church, Alexandria, Dulles and Winchester Showrooms.
Last year, Volkswagen of America offset the carbon emissions of projected consumer use. From September 1, 2007, until January 2, 2008, vehicles sold by Volkswagen had carbon emissions offset for the first year of ownership.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs