Corporate Dollars Flow To Alliance For Water Efficiency
Home Depot and Rain Bird are among the private corporations that have committed to become charter sponsors of the newly formed Alliance for Water Efficiency, according to Mary Ann Dickinson, the non-profit’s executive director. As platinum sponsors, they are contributing at least $50,000 in 2008, along with the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, the San Antonio Water System and The Subsidence District in Houston. More corporations are currently considering sponsorship, such as General Electric and Toyota.
“We’re seeing strong interest in our charter sponsorship from both public and private sectors,” said Dickinson. “By extending our deadline to April 1, we’re hoping to build momentum and awareness of the Alliance for Water Efficiency.”
Ewing Irrigation joined Denver and Houston’s municipal water departments contributing $25,000. EnviroMedia Social Marketing, Kohler, Toto USA, Veritec Consulting and Water Management, Inc. each contributed $10,000.
The Alliance for Water Efficiency is a stakeholder-based 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to the efficient and sustainable use of water. Located in Chicago, the Alliance serves as a North American advocate for water efficient products and programs, and provides information and assistance on water conservation efforts. The diverse board includes representatives from water regulators, utilities, environmental groups and corporations.
The Alliance will play a role in helping to promote EPA’s WaterSense program, the equivalent to the Energy Star rating system for energy efficiency.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform