Mion Footwear Using People To Power Trade Show Booth
In an interesting trade show gimmick, Mion Footwear will use human power to generate the electricity it needs for part of its trade show booth at the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market 2008. The show, beginning January 23, will be held in Salt Lake City. Mion is doing this with pedal-powered electricity generators provided by Windstream Power.”With some help, we will generate over 3,000 watts of electricity per day,” said Erik Burbank, Mion’s general manager. Mion wants members of the media, visitors, and other exhibitors to join its employees to power the 20 x 20 booth.
Outdoor Retailer took steps to promote sustainable practices at its Winter Market 2007.
Recent research shows interest in green and sustainable exhibiting at events is high and growing among both exhibitors and suppliers, resulting in a discernible acceleration toward adoption of green exhibiting options.
Energy Manager News
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge