Mion Footwear Using People To Power Trade Show Booth
In an interesting trade show gimmick, Mion Footwear will use human power to generate the electricity it needs for part of its trade show booth at the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market 2008. The show, beginning January 23, will be held in Salt Lake City. Mion is doing this with pedal-powered electricity generators provided by Windstream Power.”With some help, we will generate over 3,000 watts of electricity per day,” said Erik Burbank, Mion’s general manager. Mion wants members of the media, visitors, and other exhibitors to join its employees to power the 20 x 20 booth.
Outdoor Retailer took steps to promote sustainable practices at its Winter Market 2007.
Recent research shows interest in green and sustainable exhibiting at events is high and growing among both exhibitors and suppliers, resulting in a discernible acceleration toward adoption of green exhibiting options.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend