Mion Footwear Using People To Power Trade Show Booth
In an interesting trade show gimmick, Mion Footwear will use human power to generate the electricity it needs for part of its trade show booth at the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market 2008. The show, beginning January 23, will be held in Salt Lake City. Mion is doing this with pedal-powered electricity generators provided by Windstream Power.”With some help, we will generate over 3,000 watts of electricity per day,” said Erik Burbank, Mion’s general manager. Mion wants members of the media, visitors, and other exhibitors to join its employees to power the 20 x 20 booth.
Outdoor Retailer took steps to promote sustainable practices at its Winter Market 2007.
Recent research shows interest in green and sustainable exhibiting at events is high and growing among both exhibitors and suppliers, resulting in a discernible acceleration toward adoption of green exhibiting options.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.