HP Pledges To Cut PC Power Consumption 25%
At CES this week, HP announced its commitment to cut energy consumption across its entire lineup of volume desktop and notebook PCs 25 percent by 2010, PC Magazine reports.
The PC outfitter has introduced at least 24 EPEAT approved Gold or Silver level products in North America alone.
EPEAT has doled out its Gold rating for HP business machines that include Compaq 2510p, HP Compaq 2710p Business Notebook series PCs, as well as all models of the HP Compaq dc7800, dc5750 and dc5700 Business Desktop PC families.
The HP rp5700 Business Desktop PC was the first product to meet the requirements that comprise the gold status.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Anaerobic Digester Project Starts on Long Island, NY
- Seward to Use Resurrection Bay for Heat
- An Iconic Structure Gets Certified Silver By Leeds
- Sioux City, Woodbury County Getting LED Upgrade
- Buzz Oates Group Mounts Big LED Retrofit Project in Sacramento
- ORNL Building Efficiency Software Available as Open Source Code
- General Mills: We’ll Invest $100M to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Oregon Correctional Institution Saves with LEDs