HP Pledges To Cut PC Power Consumption 25%
At CES this week, HP announced its commitment to cut energy consumption across its entire lineup of volume desktop and notebook PCs 25 percent by 2010, PC Magazine reports.
The PC outfitter has introduced at least 24 EPEAT approved Gold or Silver level products in North America alone.
EPEAT has doled out its Gold rating for HP business machines that include Compaq 2510p, HP Compaq 2710p Business Notebook series PCs, as well as all models of the HP Compaq dc7800, dc5750 and dc5700 Business Desktop PC families.
The HP rp5700 Business Desktop PC was the first product to meet the requirements that comprise the gold status.
Energy Manager News
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners