Nike Markets Air Jordan As Eco-Friendly
Nike has designed its Air Jordan XX3 shoe to be environmentally correct, perhaps the first â€śgreenâ€ť shoe in the team sports footwear category, BrandWeek reports.
Beyond the mainstream marketing campaign, Nike is touting the sneaker as being the first product in its companywide â€śConsideredâ€ť initiative, under which all products would be designed to reduce waste and incorporate environmentally friendly materials. The sneaker uses a minimal amount of adhesives and glues that are considered environmentally unfriendly, instead relying on a system of interlocking panels, which meant designing new machines to produce the product.
â€śWithin six months, youâ€™ll see other [basketball shoe] companies following our lead,â€ť said Tinker Hatfield, Nikeâ€™s vp-innovation design and special projects.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE