Heinz Releases 2007 CSR Report
On the green side, Heinz says it is promoting sustainability initiatives through innovative packaging. For example, the iconic glass Heinz ketchup bottles are now manufactured using 100 percent post-consumer reground and recycled glass; and Heinz soups in the U.K. are now packaged in lighter cans that result in reduced consumption of steel and tinplate by 1,400 tons annually and decreased food miles through improved fuel efficiency.Heinz also says it is managing waste, water and energy to achieve significant reductions in resource use and greenhouse gas emissions. Since 2005, the Company says it has saved nearly 3 million cubic meters of water at its global manufacturing operations, reduced its landfill waste by 359,573 tons and decreased its energy usage by 1,031,304 gigajoules.
Heinz has committed to introduce a ive-year CSR strategy in 2009.
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables