Heinz Releases 2007 CSR Report
On the green side, Heinz says it is promoting sustainability initiatives through innovative packaging. For example, the iconic glass Heinz ketchup bottles are now manufactured using 100 percent post-consumer reground and recycled glass; and Heinz soups in the U.K. are now packaged in lighter cans that result in reduced consumption of steel and tinplate by 1,400 tons annually and decreased food miles through improved fuel efficiency.Heinz also says it is managing waste, water and energy to achieve significant reductions in resource use and greenhouse gas emissions. Since 2005, the Company says it has saved nearly 3 million cubic meters of water at its global manufacturing operations, reduced its landfill waste by 359,573 tons and decreased its energy usage by 1,031,304 gigajoules.
Heinz has committed to introduce a ive-year CSR strategy in 2009.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls