Heinz Releases 2007 CSR Report
On the green side, Heinz says it is promoting sustainability initiatives through innovative packaging. For example, the iconic glass Heinz ketchup bottles are now manufactured using 100 percent post-consumer reground and recycled glass; and Heinz soups in the U.K. are now packaged in lighter cans that result in reduced consumption of steel and tinplate by 1,400 tons annually and decreased food miles through improved fuel efficiency.Heinz also says it is managing waste, water and energy to achieve significant reductions in resource use and greenhouse gas emissions. Since 2005, the Company says it has saved nearly 3 million cubic meters of water at its global manufacturing operations, reduced its landfill waste by 359,573 tons and decreased its energy usage by 1,031,304 gigajoules.
Heinz has committed to introduce a ive-year CSR strategy in 2009.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses