Heinz Releases 2007 CSR Report
On the green side, Heinz says it is promoting sustainability initiatives through innovative packaging. For example, the iconic glass Heinz ketchup bottles are now manufactured using 100 percent post-consumer reground and recycled glass; and Heinz soups in the U.K. are now packaged in lighter cans that result in reduced consumption of steel and tinplate by 1,400 tons annually and decreased food miles through improved fuel efficiency.Heinz also says it is managing waste, water and energy to achieve significant reductions in resource use and greenhouse gas emissions. Since 2005, the Company says it has saved nearly 3 million cubic meters of water at its global manufacturing operations, reduced its landfill waste by 359,573 tons and decreased its energy usage by 1,031,304 gigajoules.
Heinz has committed to introduce a ive-year CSR strategy in 2009.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV