Toyota To Make ‘Eco’ Indicators Standard In All Vehicles
Toyota plans to make vehicle efficiency indicators standard in all of its vehicles, hybrid and non-hybrid, reports Green Car Congress. Toyota claims in a blog post that it’s doing so because it has found that “when hybrid drivers use their Hybrid Vehicle System Indicators, their driving habits change as the system provides feedback on efficiency.”The current plan is to include the indicators on all next generation Toyota, Lexus and Scion models after the next-generation 4-Runner launch in August, 2009.
Last summer, Nissan announced that all its future models will be equipped with a fuel efficiency gauge to give drivers more information on how their driving style directly relates to fuel economy.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves