Johnson Controls Releases 2007 Sustainability Report
Johnson Controls has released its 2007 Business and Sustainability report.
The company says that what it calls its “commitment to sustainability” has contributed to its performance in 2007. For example, the company:– helped make lead-acid automotive batteries the most recycled consumer product in the United States — nearly double the rate of recycling for aluminum cans and paper.
— is rapidly becoming the leading independent supplier of hybrid battery systems that make vehicles more energy efficient.
— was one of the first companies to achieve LEED certification for its Building Efficiency headquarters in Milwaukee, eventually upgrading to LEED Gold for Existing Buildings. The company is currently rebuilding its global headquarters in Milwaukee to LEED Platinum-level standards, the highest level of energy-efficient and environmentally sensitive design certification.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works