Johnson Controls Releases 2007 Sustainability Report
Johnson Controls has released its 2007 Business and Sustainability report.
The company says that what it calls its “commitment to sustainability” has contributed to its performance in 2007. For example, the company:– helped make lead-acid automotive batteries the most recycled consumer product in the United States — nearly double the rate of recycling for aluminum cans and paper.
— is rapidly becoming the leading independent supplier of hybrid battery systems that make vehicles more energy efficient.
— was one of the first companies to achieve LEED certification for its Building Efficiency headquarters in Milwaukee, eventually upgrading to LEED Gold for Existing Buildings. The company is currently rebuilding its global headquarters in Milwaukee to LEED Platinum-level standards, the highest level of energy-efficient and environmentally sensitive design certification.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation