Johnson Controls Releases 2007 Sustainability Report
Johnson Controls has released its 2007 Business and Sustainability report.
The company says that what it calls its “commitment to sustainability” has contributed to its performance in 2007. For example, the company:– helped make lead-acid automotive batteries the most recycled consumer product in the United States — nearly double the rate of recycling for aluminum cans and paper.
— is rapidly becoming the leading independent supplier of hybrid battery systems that make vehicles more energy efficient.
— was one of the first companies to achieve LEED certification for its Building Efficiency headquarters in Milwaukee, eventually upgrading to LEED Gold for Existing Buildings. The company is currently rebuilding its global headquarters in Milwaukee to LEED Platinum-level standards, the highest level of energy-efficient and environmentally sensitive design certification.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council