Johnson Controls Releases 2007 Sustainability Report
Johnson Controls has released its 2007 Business and Sustainability report.
The company says that what it calls its “commitment to sustainability” has contributed to its performance in 2007. For example, the company:– helped make lead-acid automotive batteries the most recycled consumer product in the United States — nearly double the rate of recycling for aluminum cans and paper.
— is rapidly becoming the leading independent supplier of hybrid battery systems that make vehicles more energy efficient.
— was one of the first companies to achieve LEED certification for its Building Efficiency headquarters in Milwaukee, eventually upgrading to LEED Gold for Existing Buildings. The company is currently rebuilding its global headquarters in Milwaukee to LEED Platinum-level standards, the highest level of energy-efficient and environmentally sensitive design certification.
Energy Manager News
- New York Solar Installations Soar 300%
- Tiny, Solar-Powered Circuit Is 80% Efficient
- California Grid to Maintain Reliability Despite Drought
- Largest Solar Project Installed on Closed Landfill Under Consideration
- TerraForm Buys 930 MW Wind Portfolio for $2B
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M