Georgia Power Gets Greener
Georgia Power has signed its fifth deal with a renewable power producer, reports the Atlanta Business Chronicle. The 20 year deal is with Yellow Pine Energy Company which has a wood biomass-fired facility near Fort Gaines, Georgia, that will begin operating in 2010 with an output of 100 megawatts. Georgia Power will buy 50 megawatts, but the financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool