Georgia Power Gets Greener
Georgia Power has signed its fifth deal with a renewable power producer, reports the Atlanta Business Chronicle. The 20 year deal is with Yellow Pine Energy Company which has a wood biomass-fired facility near Fort Gaines, Georgia, that will begin operating in 2010 with an output of 100 megawatts. Georgia Power will buy 50 megawatts, but the financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.