Georgia Power Gets Greener
Georgia Power has signed its fifth deal with a renewable power producer, reports the Atlanta Business Chronicle. The 20 year deal is with Yellow Pine Energy Company which has a wood biomass-fired facility near Fort Gaines, Georgia, that will begin operating in 2010 with an output of 100 megawatts. Georgia Power will buy 50 megawatts, but the financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports