Georgia Power Gets Greener
Georgia Power has signed its fifth deal with a renewable power producer, reports the Atlanta Business Chronicle. The 20 year deal is with Yellow Pine Energy Company which has a wood biomass-fired facility near Fort Gaines, Georgia, that will begin operating in 2010 with an output of 100 megawatts. Georgia Power will buy 50 megawatts, but the financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment