Limousine Company Catches Flak Over Green PR
The ground transportation company Limousine Eighteen added one hybrid SUV to its fleet and issued a press release titled, “Boston-Area Limousine Eighteen Joins the Green Movement with the Addition of Hybrid SUV to Its Fleet.” The author of this Ethisphere piece argues that a press release bragging about how green your company is because you added a single hybrid SUV to your roster of cars is greenwashing at its most egregious.The FTC recently held its first series of hearings and workshops to regulate false claims in green advertising. A new website highlights examples of green marketing campaigns.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.