Limousine Company Catches Flak Over Green PR
The ground transportation company Limousine Eighteen added one hybrid SUV to its fleet and issued a press release titled, “Boston-Area Limousine Eighteen Joins the Green Movement with the Addition of Hybrid SUV to Its Fleet.” The author of this Ethisphere piece argues that a press release bragging about how green your company is because you added a single hybrid SUV to your roster of cars is greenwashing at its most egregious.The FTC recently held its first series of hearings and workshops to regulate false claims in green advertising. A new website highlights examples of green marketing campaigns.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool