Wal-Mart Opening Greener Supercenter
Wal-Mart will open the first of a new generation of Supercenters that will cut energy use by 25 percnet compared with a regular Supercenter. The new store, or HE.2, (High Efficiency 2) is an improvement on the three HE.1 stores it opened last year.The HE.1 stores included heating and cooling systems that recycle heat from refrigerators and freezer cases and higher-efficiency LED lights and sensors that turn off those lights when not needed.
The HE.2, according to a company press release, will add new conservation measures focused on the refrigeration system and water heating and cooling. After it opens the new HE.2 in Romeoville, IL, it plans to open three more like it in as yet undisclosed locations in different climate zones.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners