Wal-Mart Opening Greener Supercenter
Wal-Mart will open the first of a new generation of Supercenters that will cut energy use by 25 percnet compared with a regular Supercenter.¬† The new store, or HE.2, (High Efficiency 2) is an improvement on the three HE.1 stores it opened last year.The HE.1 stores included heating and cooling systems that recycle heat from refrigerators and freezer cases and higher-efficiency LED lights and sensors that turn off those lights when not needed.
The HE.2, according to a company press release, will add new conservation measures focused on the refrigeration system and water heating and cooling.¬† After it opens the new HE.2 in Romeoville, IL, it plans to open three more like it in as yet undisclosed locations in different climate zones.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Portland Likely to Require Energy Benchmarking
- Using Building Energy Management for Factories
- New Energy System Will Save Stanford $420M
- Tire Plant Earns Superior Energy Performance Gold Certification
- Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
- NJ School District Hires Honeywell for Energy Upgrades
- CODA Energy 50 kWh Storage Tower Achieves UL Certification
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System