Yokohama To Launch More Fuel Efficient Tire
Yokohama Rubber Company is set to release its DNA Earth-1 automotive tire series on February 1. Compared to the DNA ECOS, the flagship tire in its Eco DNA tire range, Yokohama says that the new DNA Earth-1 tires feature 21 percent lower rolling resistance which contributes to increased vehicle fuel efficiency.
Yesterday, Yokohama announced that it plans to plant 500,00 trees at 18 of its facilities over the next 10 years.Last September, Yokohama launched an online green social network, Eco Treadsetters, that offers daily green news and forums.
The EU is expected to propose regulations that would set limits on tire rolling resistance. Other areas of the globe could follow.
France’s Michelin SA has been touting the fuel-saving potential of its “green tires.”
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array