Yokohama To Launch More Fuel Efficient Tire
Yokohama Rubber Company is set to release its DNA Earth-1 automotive tire series on February 1. Compared to the DNA ECOS, the flagship tire in its Eco DNA tire range, Yokohama says that the new DNA Earth-1 tires feature 21 percent lower rolling resistance which contributes to increased vehicle fuel efficiency.
Yesterday, Yokohama announced that it plans to plant 500,00 trees at 18 of its facilities over the next 10 years.Last September, Yokohama launched an online green social network, Eco Treadsetters, that offers daily green news and forums.
The EU is expected to propose regulations that would set limits on tire rolling resistance. Other areas of the globe could follow.
France’s Michelin SA has been touting the fuel-saving potential of its “green tires.”
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls