Yokohama To Launch More Fuel Efficient Tire
Yokohama Rubber Company is set to release its DNA Earth-1 automotive tire series on February 1. Compared to the DNA ECOS, the flagship tire in its Eco DNA tire range, Yokohama says that the new DNA Earth-1 tires feature 21 percent lower rolling resistance which contributes to increased vehicle fuel efficiency.
Yesterday, Yokohama announced that it plans to plant 500,00 trees at 18 of its facilities over the next 10 years.Last September, Yokohama launched an online green social network, Eco Treadsetters, that offers daily green news and forums.
The EU is expected to propose regulations that would set limits on tire rolling resistance. Other areas of the globe could follow.
France’s Michelin SA has been touting the fuel-saving potential of its “green tires.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macy’s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses