EPEAT Finds Way Onto Retail Sites
Channel Intelligence and the Green Electronics Council, which runs EPEAT, have teamed up to offer a wider availability of information on e-commerce Web sites for green electronics products.
Retailers have long been interested in showing which products are EPEAT registered, but have struggled with keeping their web pages up-to-date, according to the companies. The alliance between GEC and CI is expected to provide purchasers in the public and private sectors with real-time information to evaluate, compare and select products based on their compliance with the EPEAT standard.
Soon EPEAT Gold, Silver, or Bronze registration marks will appear on retail websites along with other product information provided by Channel Intelligence, and changes to EPEAT registration status will be updated in near real time.
“Channel Intelligence’s provision of EPEAT to e-commerce Web sites will increase purchaser’s abilities to make environmentally sound choices at the point of purchase,” said Jeff Omelchuck, GEC executive director.
This past fall, EPEAT handed out its green electronics champion awards.
The U.S. Government plans to require federal agencies to buy PCs and computer monitors that are energy efficient and include reduced levels of toxic chemicals.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend