EPEAT Finds Way Onto Retail Sites
Channel Intelligence and the Green Electronics Council, which runs EPEAT, have teamed up to offer a wider availability of information on e-commerce Web sites for green electronics products.
Retailers have long been interested in showing which products are EPEAT registered, but have struggled with keeping their web pages up-to-date, according to the companies. The alliance between GEC and CI is expected to provide purchasers in the public and private sectors with real-time information to evaluate, compare and select products based on their compliance with the EPEAT standard.
Soon EPEAT Gold, Silver, or Bronze registration marks will appear on retail websites along with other product information provided by Channel Intelligence, and changes to EPEAT registration status will be updated in near real time.
“Channel Intelligence’s provision of EPEAT to e-commerce Web sites will increase purchaser’s abilities to make environmentally sound choices at the point of purchase,” said Jeff Omelchuck, GEC executive director.
This past fall, EPEAT handed out its green electronics champion awards.
The U.S. Government plans to require federal agencies to buy PCs and computer monitors that are energy efficient and include reduced levels of toxic chemicals.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform