EPEAT Finds Way Onto Retail Sites
Channel Intelligence and the Green Electronics Council, which runs EPEAT, have teamed up to offer a wider availability of information on e-commerce Web sites for green electronics products.
Retailers have long been interested in showing which products are EPEAT registered, but have struggled with keeping their web pages up-to-date, according to the companies. The alliance between GEC and CI is expected to provide purchasers in the public and private sectors with real-time information to evaluate, compare and select products based on their compliance with the EPEAT standard.
Soon EPEAT Gold, Silver, or Bronze registration marks will appear on retail websites along with other product information provided by Channel Intelligence, and changes to EPEAT registration status will be updated in near real time.
“Channel Intelligence’s provision of EPEAT to e-commerce Web sites will increase purchaser’s abilities to make environmentally sound choices at the point of purchase,” said Jeff Omelchuck, GEC executive director.
This past fall, EPEAT handed out its green electronics champion awards.
The U.S. Government plans to require federal agencies to buy PCs and computer monitors that are energy efficient and include reduced levels of toxic chemicals.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works