Qualcomm Goes Solar for Gold-LEED Campus
Qualcomm Incorporated has installed 417 kilowatts of solar energy in one of its San Diego campuses. The PV systems, composed of Kyocera photovoltaic modules, are projected to fulfill 60 percent of the campus’ lighting requirements and contributed to the campus being rated a Gold-LEED certified campus, one of the largest in the country. The installation is part of Qualcomm’s “Our World, Our Future,” campaign which focuses on global warming.
Recently, HP signed on to install solar power at its San Diego facility.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation