Qualcomm Goes Solar for Gold-LEED Campus
Qualcomm Incorporated has installed 417 kilowatts of solar energy in one of its San Diego campuses. The PV systems, composed of Kyocera photovoltaic modules, are projected to fulfill 60 percent of the campus’ lighting requirements and contributed to the campus being rated a Gold-LEED certified campus, one of the largest in the country. The installation is part of Qualcomm’s “Our World, Our Future,” campaign which focuses on global warming.
Recently, HP signed on to install solar power at its San Diego facility.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market