Qualcomm Goes Solar for Gold-LEED Campus
Qualcomm Incorporated has installed 417 kilowatts of solar energy in one of its San Diego campuses. The PV systems, composed of Kyocera photovoltaic modules, are projected to fulfill 60 percent of the campus’ lighting requirements and contributed to the campus being rated a Gold-LEED certified campus, one of the largest in the country. The installation is part of Qualcomm’s “Our World, Our Future,” campaign which focuses on global warming.
Recently, HP signed on to install solar power at its San Diego facility.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike