Qualcomm Goes Solar for Gold-LEED Campus
Qualcomm Incorporated has installed 417 kilowatts of solar energy in one of its San Diego campuses. The PV systems, composed of Kyocera photovoltaic modules, are projected to fulfill 60 percent of the campus’ lighting requirements and contributed to the campus being rated a Gold-LEED certified campus, one of the largest in the country. The installation is part of Qualcomm’s “Our World, Our Future,” campaign which focuses on global warming.
Recently, HP signed on to install solar power at its San Diego facility.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls