Qualcomm Goes Solar for Gold-LEED Campus
Qualcomm Incorporated has installed 417 kilowatts of solar energy in one of its San Diego campuses. The PV systems, composed of Kyocera photovoltaic modules, are projected to fulfill 60 percent of the campus’ lighting requirements and contributed to the campus being rated a Gold-LEED certified campus, one of the largest in the country. The installation is part of Qualcomm’s “Our World, Our Future,” campaign which focuses on global warming.
Recently, HP signed on to install solar power at its San Diego facility.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves