Wind Power Up 45% In 2007
Wind power was up 45 percent in 2007, accounting for 30% of the entire new power-producing capacity nationally and infusing an investment of over $9 billion into the economy, according to The American Wind Energy Association. “This is the third consecutive year of record setting growth,” said AWEA Executive Director Randall Swisher.
GE Energy continued to lead in wind turbine sales with 45 percent of the market. FPL Energy remains atop the list of wind project developers. And according to the AWEA Market report, at least fourteen new manufacturing facilities opened or were announced this past year.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project