Wind Power Up 45% In 2007
Wind power was up 45 percent in 2007, accounting for 30% of the entire new power-producing capacity nationally and infusing an investment of over $9 billion into the economy, according to The American Wind Energy Association. “This is the third consecutive year of record setting growth,” said AWEA Executive Director Randall Swisher.
GE Energy continued to lead in wind turbine sales with 45 percent of the market. FPL Energy remains atop the list of wind project developers. And according to the AWEA Market report, at least fourteen new manufacturing facilities opened or were announced this past year.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls