Wind Power Up 45% In 2007
Wind power was up 45 percent in 2007, accounting for 30% of the entire new power-producing capacity nationally and infusing an investment of over $9 billion into the economy, according to The American Wind Energy Association. “This is the third consecutive year of record setting growth,” said AWEA Executive Director Randall Swisher.
GE Energy continued to lead in wind turbine sales with 45 percent of the market. FPL Energy remains atop the list of wind project developers. And according to the AWEA Market report, at least fourteen new manufacturing facilities opened or were announced this past year.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.