Wind Power Up 45% In 2007
Wind power was up 45 percent in 2007, accounting for 30% of the entire new power-producing capacity nationally and infusing an investment of over $9 billion into the economy, according to The American Wind Energy Association. “This is the third consecutive year of record setting growth,” said AWEA Executive Director Randall Swisher.
GE Energy continued to lead in wind turbine sales with 45 percent of the market. FPL Energy remains atop the list of wind project developers. And according to the AWEA Market report, at least fourteen new manufacturing facilities opened or were announced this past year.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves