The Benefits Of Sustainability: Purchase, Loyalty And Influence
Consumers have high expectations with regard to corporate sustainability, according to the Natural Marketing Institute’s 2007 LOHAS Consumer Trends Database. Nearly 80 percent of America agrees that “it is important for companies not just to be profitable, but to be mindful of their impact on the environment and society.” This equates to 168 million adults who expect more than just profitability from companies, according to the Natural Marketing Institute. Knowing that a company is mindful of that impact translates into a variety of consumer behaviors, and makes the benefits of CSR tangible.
Energy Manager News
- 18 Organizations Recognized for Cutting Parking Facility Energy Use
- ASHRAE Updates Lighting and Controls Guidelines
- RI Town Begins $620,000 Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- Businesses Offered ‘Instant Rebates’ from Utility
- Rocky Mountain Institute Provides Energy Retrofit Course
- DOE Awards $600,000 for Building Energy Efficiency Projects
- 3Degrees Helps Companies Procure Renewables