ZFS Launches Climate Initiative
Under a newly launched initiative, Zurich Financial Services Group has established an internal office that will oversee the study and understanding of climate-related risks across all of its businesses. As part of the initiative, it has established an advisory council who will report to ZFS’s group management on strategic and operational issues relating to climate change.
Former Congressman Sherwood Boehlert and the dean of the University of California’s Donald Bren School of Environmental Science and Management, Ernst Ulrich von Weizsacker, are the first two members named to the council.
In a statement, the insurer said that ZFS will partner with various organizations to examine economic, financial and policy issues pertaining to climate change. It will begin by partnering with the Bren School to assess its own carbon footprint so that it can reduce its own emissions to a sustainable level.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses