BT Unveils Green Home Phones
BT has unveiled a new range of green home phones and says that by July 2008, more than 90 percent of its entire home phone range will be more energy efficient. Not only will the new phones reduce electricity costs for consumers, but BT estimates that replacing all of its DECT cordless and fixed-line phones with the newer, greener version will reduce CO2 emissions by over 195,001 tons over the next three years – the equivalent of taking 57,000 cars off the road for a year.
In addition, the company says it has reduced the amount of packaging required for each phone.
BT recently won the top accolade at the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants’ annual UK Awards for Sustainability Reporting.
Energy Manager News
- Pardeeville Hikes Homeowner Costs, Offers Large Customers TOD Rates
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division